- To visualise and create an idea to produce a design based on research
- To be able to develop patterns, sampling, fittings etc plan and develop ranges based on themes, create moodboards.
- Understand design from a technical perspective and have excellent attention to detail
- Create art work, logos, caricature and other graphics
- Visit trade shows and manufacturers to source, select and buy fabrics, trims etc
- To keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes
- Liaise closely with merchandising and buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure items suit the customer and market